Sunday 23 March 2014

Dear Eyes (B Original)

Dear Eyes,

I have come to say, hi.
With the twist of my neck and a silent goodbye.
I am afraid that we can no longer be friends,
because this is the lament of my existence.
Or perhaps I am just older and wiser,
more mature, more grandeur, and it's time for me to move on.

I am ready to live on my own, and be myself.
So I say to you, I don't need you - anymore.
I asked you kindly, with the nod of my head,
and the twist of my neck, its time for you to go.

I hope you understand, and fine better sights.
Sights that will treat you right,
the ones that tend to you, and bend over backwards,
because I know you like control.
But I have had enough, and I'm gone.
We weren't right for each other anyway.

You will be alright, in that sweater you like,
with the music you love and the people you adore.
But until we meet again,
dear eyes, it is time for us to say goodbye.

~B

No comments:

Post a Comment